The proverb, “Health is wealth,” clearly highlights the fact that one who possesses good health ultimately holds the greatest treasure in the universe. Now, when we talk about health, most people consider the state of being physically fit. However, the real definition of fitness involves various domains that include emotional, social, and mental well-being.
It is a fact that the advancement of technology has simplified our life to a great extent. However, it has equally contributed to laziness, lack of physical movement, high-end emotional and mental breakdown, etc. Also, drastic changes in lifestyle and food habits have contributed to numerous health issues that start at an early age. Today, the ignorance of small hygienic practices like handwash or paying attention to cough and cold has turned out to be a game-changer, giving rise to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, it becomes essential for us to proceed with regular health checkups reports for ourselves and our family members.
Who Should Proceed for a Regular Health Checkup?
According to different studies, it has been observed that people aged between 30-65 undergo lifestyle and hereditary diseases. As prevention is better than cure, it is recommended that men above 35 years and women above 40 years should proceed for health checkups frequently as it helps to diagnose any disease at an early stage.
Regular Body Checkup List
The regular health checkup procedure helps us identify and get an overall picture of the current health status. To determine so, one needs to undergo different tests and examinations that include:
- Ultrasonography to determine the condition of the abdomen covering the pancreas and kidneys
- Vision and hearing test (preferably to be conducted up to 75 years)
- Detection of infections through blood tests and hemogram
- Lipid profile test to determine the cardiovascular risk
- Physical examination of weight, height, pulse rate
- ECG to check the heart rate and heartbeat
- Screening for ovarian and prostate cancer
- Blood pressure and sugar test
- Clinical breast examination
- Detailed urine examination
- Liver function tests
- Chest X-ray
Importance of Regular Health Check-up
By now, you might have got an idea regarding the core grounds of regular health checkups and the different types of processes that get carried out. Let’s deep dive into the benefits that you can avail of.
- Minimizes Medical Expenditure: Investing in your health at the initial stage will help you to save big later. It is quite well-known that medical expenses have been turning out to be very expensive. However, one of the simplest ways to decrease the same is to be strict regarding health, diet, and well-being. Additionally, regular checkups with the doctor (at least once in a year) will give you a transparent idea regarding the current state of your health.
- Helps to Diagnose Disease at an Early Stage: Another benefit of proceeding with regular health checkups is that there is a higher probability of detecting any disease at the earlier stage. Once identified, proper treatment and medication can be availed accordingly to cure the same.
- Enhances the Chances for Cure and Relevant Treatment: Any disease that gets detected at the initial stage holds a higher chance of getting cured. In short, we can say that regular health checkups reduce the risk of complications that might occur at a later stage.
- Keep Track of Body Functioning: Your medical reports ultimately highlights the complete functioning of your body. Depending upon them, your doctor will advise you to take the necessary supplements to maintain your health in a better way. Thus, keeping track of your health records will help you to avoid any severe disease in the future.
- Helps to Understand the Body’s Requirement: One of the importance of regular medical checkups in preventing diseases is that it allows us to understand the body’s requirements and to take the necessary steps to provide the same nutrients accordingly to avoid infection or illness.
- Enhances Productivity: A healthy mind breeds a healthy body, and thus, it becomes of utmost importance to keep a regular check on the same. Regular health check helps us to be mentally and physically fit, that ultimately boost the productivity level at ease. If you are suffering from laziness or fatigue over time, you are advised to proceed with a regular health check and track your body functioning.
Properly maintaining your health is the ultimate gift that you can gift yourself. It is important to note that as we age, our body requires an increasing amount of care and attention. Consuming natural dry fruit health-booster products will help you to strengthen the immunity along with a robust digestive system. Additionally, routine checkups will not only help you to keep an overall track but will also help you to stay mentally fit and enhance your productivity. Furthermore, proceeding with a nutritional consultation with an expert will help you understand and structure your diet plan. At Bhookha Haathi, we understand the importance of health, and at the same time, we are aware that proceeding towards medical processes turns out to be a tedious task. To simplify the process, we provide the flexibility to book lab tests online, wherein our experts will collect your test sample at your doorstep. The results of the same will be sent to the registered email address and contact details.
Written By: Sultana Arifah
Sultana is a Digital Marketer Evangelist who is keen on exploring the different domains of the online business industry. A planner, strategist, ghostwriter by day, and a reader by night, her interest also lies in cooking, traveling, and listening to music.