Eggless Dates and Walnut Cake:
Do you know that just as walnuts are tasty, they are equally good for one’s health, heart as well as skin? Walnuts are undoubtedly one of the best sources of protein.Not only, this, they are rich source of omega-3 fats and help one to improve artery functions. This is not all; walnuts have anti-oxidant properties, and so they can help one prevent cancer. If one eats walnuts daily, he/she can prevent gallstones as well.
Besides walnuts, dates also are good for health. High in iron content as well as fluorine, dates can assist in lowering one’s cholesterol level and keeping many health disorders at bay.They are not only delicious to eat but also a rich source of minerals as well as vitamins. Dates assist in improving one’s digestive system as they are rich in soluble and insoluble fibers. They also provide energy as they contain glucose, sucrose and fructose.
Now, if you want to derive the best health benefits from walnuts and dates as well, the finest method is to eat them daily. Another delicious option is to make eggless dates and walnut cake just while sitting at home and have it.
Following is the ingredients that you would need to make eggless dates and walnut cake-
- 20 dates
- ½ cup of water
- 1/4th cup of walnuts, chopped
- 14oz condensed milk
- 4oz Unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking spoon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4th cup flour
Method to prepare it is listed below:
- Soak dates in lukewarm water for nearly half an hour so that they become soft.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and sift the mixture. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Melt butter and add to the mixture.
- Now, add dates paste and milk to the mixture. Stir well.
- Add walnuts also.
- Spread oil onto a baking pan and pour batter into it.
- Bake in the oven for nearly 40 minutes
The cake is ready to be served hot or cold, as per preference!