Badam Kesar Milk:
It is a must for everyone to eat healthy foods and drink milk. This would not only ensure that you remain fit but would also make you stronger from within. When it comes to drinking milk, there is a wide variety of flavours available these days at market, which one can add to milk to make it tastier. One among the best and healthy flavours that one can add to milk are Kesar Badam meaning almond and saffron in English. This can make a very rich and energetic drink for children as well as adults.
While almonds are nutritious and are packed with a number of health benefits, they are also the healthiest among all tree nuts. It is advisable to eat a handful of almonds daily to keep one’s heart healthy and also fight with diseases like diabetes. On the other hand, saffron, besides adding flavours to milk and other food items, is extremely rich in Vitamin C, manganese, phosphorous, iron as well as potassium. So when one prepares Badam Kesar milk, it would surely help kids and adults to become stronger and remain healthy.
Recipe of badam kesar milk is as follows-
- 20 pieces of soaked almonds
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 3 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4th teaspoon of green cardamom powder
The steps to make healthy badam kesar milk are as follows:
- Peel off the almonds.
- Soaks saffron in about one tablespoon of lukewarm milk.
- Now, take the saffron soaked milk, almonds and sugar in a bowl and make a fine paste using a grinder.
- Pour the badam kesar paste in another bowl and add milk and cardamom powder to it. Stir well.
- The badam kesar milk is ready to serve and drink!
The milk can be served hot or chilled, as per preference. Kesar badam milk is a festive drink and very healthy. While almonds provide nutrients to one’s body, kesar is also good for health. It also adds flavor and aroma to milk making it more delicious.